Wedding Towel Cake Instructions
10 June 2014
Make a fabulous Harry Corry Towel Wedding Cake using our wide towel range. We have 27 different style and colour options from our 400g value towels through to our luxurious Egyptian Cotton Towel Range. They make a perfect gift, great accessory to decorate your bathroom or home or use on a beach.
Making a Harry Corry Towel Wedding Cake is quick and easy to make as it only takes approximately 15/20 minutes. You can stick with one colour theme or use contrasting colours to make a statement. We have prepared a variety of wedding towel cakes below to help inspire you. You can see some more examples in any of our 51 Harry Corry stores in Northern Ireland, Ireland or Scotland.
3 x Face Cloths
· 2 x Hand Towels Our 550g Supreme or Egyptian Cotton Towels are perfect as they are thick
· 2 x Bath Towels
· 1 x Packet of Butterfly Clips
· Dress Making Pins – approximately 20 pins
· Some Ribbon
Bottom Tier of Towel Cake
· 1. To begin, take one of your bath towels and fold it in thirds (long ways) and then in half again (long ways).
· 2. Repeat for the other bath towel.
· 3. Next pin the two bath towels together, edge to edge (long ways) to make one long piece.
· 4. Now begin rolling the towel (long ways) into a swiss roll formation.
· 5. Finally pin the loose end to the main body of the cake and the bottom tier is complete.
Middle Tier of Towel Cake
1. Repeat the process outlined for the bottom tier, using two hand towels.
Top Tier of Towel Cake
· 1. For the top tier you will need the three face cloths, folded into three.
· 2. Next pin the three face cloths together, edge to edge (long ways) to make one long piece.
· 3. Now begin rolling the face cloths (long ways) into a swiss roll formation.
· 4. Finally pin the loose end to the main body of the cake and the top tier is complete.
1. Place each layer on top of each other in a central position
2. Then decorate with ribbon across the centre of each tier and add butterflies, other decorations or giftware to finish.
See some examples below.