Our Expert Guide to ROLLER BLINDS and VENETIAN BLINDS
A) ROLLER BLINDS
Types of Roller Blinds
- Essential Roller
- Blackout Roller
- Square Eyelet
Roller Blind Widths
All blinds come in the following widths: 60cm, 90cm, 120cm, 150cm and 180cm.
All colours of the Blackout Roller Blind come in 210cm and 240cm widths.
The width of a roller blind is the measurement from one roller bracket to the other, not the measurement of the fabric width. If you are fitting the blind on the outside of the window the blind should be approximately 2-3cm wider than the window. If the blind is being fitted in a recess make sure the customer is aware that the fabric will not reach the very edge of the recess (usually this does not matter as the window frame is in this place).
All blinds can be cut to size. The fabric should be cut with scissors and the inner tubing can be cut with a hacksaw or pipe-slice (you can purchase a pipe-slice on our website in our Poles section).
Roller Blind Lengths
All blinds have a drop of 170cm except the essential roller blind that has a drop of 160cm.
All roller blinds except the Essential Roller blind have a heavy duty aluminium roller, the Essential Roller blind has a thick card tube.
The lath / lower tube is the one at the bottom you will pull down – it is there to help keep the blind shape. The lower tube is plastic.
- Entry level price point; good value for money
- 150 x 150 Denier fabric – thinner material
- Cardboard upper tube
- Colours available: white, cream, stone
- Fabric has three extra layers of coating as follows:
- Front layer
- Blackout coating 1
- Blackout coating 2
- Back layer (same colour as front for aesthetically pleasing finish)
- 100% light block
- Good for light sleepers and for kids’ rooms to encourage good night’s sleep
- Aluminium upper tube
- We recommend a recess fit for true blackout.