Must be fully flexible to work any shift during the store's opening hours.
Fixed term contract ending 06/04/19
KEY TASKS AND DUTIES
1. To maximise the sales potential of the shop.
2. To administer the stock control and ordering systems.
3. To ensure the security of cash and premises.
4. Merchandise stock and ensure shop is tidy.
5. To assist Manager/Assistant Manager to train, develop and discipline subordinate staff, or in absence of management – take responsibility for this role.
6. To work with and liase with the Regional Manager, and in the absence of Management to ensure that standards and discipline are maintained in all areas of the shop, in order to make a success of the business.
7. Open and close shop, when necessary.
8. Lifting, carrying, pulling, moving and pricing stock. Assisting with deliveries.
9. Housekeeping including cleaning and vacuuming.
10. Be a key holder, and be responsible for alarm calls, when necessary.
11. “EPOS” System – to ensure that start of day and end of day procedures are carried out in accordance with detailed operating instructions. To respond promptly to all communication and error logs, when necessary, in absence of Manager.
12. Carry out refunds/exchanges, complete Z reads and sales records.
13. Accurately complete time sheets and forward to Finance Department.
14. Liase with all departments at Head Office, to ensure procedures and standards are carried out and adhered to in the appropriate manner.
15. Any other reasonable duties, as requested by Management.
PERSONNEL SPECIFICATION ·
Minimum 1 year retail Experience in a Supervisory Role, Knowledge of EPOS
SPECIAL APTITUDES: Ability to supervise all subordinate staff. Flexibility
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Neat, tidy appearance
DISPOSITION: Enthusiastic, able to motivate, train and organise staff
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: 3 GCSE’s including English and Maths or equivalent
SPECIAL APTITUDES: Dynamic approach to Retail Management Good organisation and communication skills. Good customer service skills.
EXCELLENT WORKING CONDITIONS