We are delighted to announce exciting new opportunities in our Brand New
Harry Corry store opening at Clandeboye Retail Park, W Circular Rd, Bangor BT19
Assistant Manager - 40 hour contract available
Successful applicants will be required to work daytime and evening shifts as well as weekend shifts in rotation with the rest of the team.
Job Title: Assistant Manager
Reporting To: Manager
Normal Hours of Work:
Due to the nature of the position you will be expected to work the hours to fulfil the duties and responsibilities of the job. Evening and weekend work will be necessary.
To ensure that all operations within the branch are running smoothly and efficiently. To ensure that all staff provide a high level of customer service thus maximising profitability within the branch. To develop all staff to meet the needs and objectives of the business.
Key Tasks and Duties
1. To maximise the sales potential of the shop.
2. To assume full managerial responsibilities and duties in absence of the Manager.
3. To ensure that all administration is to the required standard with any errors or discrepancies being brought to the attention of the Manager immediately.
4. To ensure the security of all money, merchandise and premises at all times.
5. EPOS system - To ensure that all 'start of day' and 'end of day' procedures are carried out in accordance with detailed operating instructions. To respond promptly to all communication errors or problems.
6. To assist the Manager in ensuring that all stock issues are dealt with and communicated in the appropriate manner.
7. In conjunction with the Human Resources Department, assist the Manager to implement and maintain standards of recruitment, discipline, training and employee relations within your branch, whilst adhering to procedures set out in the employment legislation.
8. To promote the equal opportunity policies within the company, consulting with the Manager and Human Resources regarding any disciplinary or grievance matters that may arise.
9. To ensure that all employees and customers are working in a hazard free environment with all hazards or risks being reported to the Manager or in more serious cases the Human Resources department.
10. To ensure that the presentation of the branch staff and premises are of the highest quality. Any defects to property or equipment to be reported to the Manager or the relevant department at Head Office.
11. To assist the Manager in ensuring each new members of staff are effectively inducted into the company.
12. To provide managerial support to other branches within the company where required.
13. Any other duty requested by management.
Measures of Performance
1. Branch sales figures and profitability against agreed targets.
2. Annual appraisal against set goals and objectives.
3. The effectiveness of administration, stock and security procedures within the branch.
Flexibility - as advertised, all applicants must be available to work a Saturday.
A passion for home interiors.
Leader/Coach of a club or society
Actively involved in local community
A clear employment record
Experience related to the role
EXCELLENT WORKING CONDITIONS